Final blog

I have learned so much from taking this class, and although it is more than 10 things, these are the top 5 things that I think were the most valuable.

1. I learned that sustainability is very important and what it actually means. Before this class, I didn’t know much about sustainability, but now I realized that our globe is very important and every little thing we do impacts our world. From our own waste to our carbon footprint, we produce waste every single day. Ultimately, sustainability is about creating a better future for ourselves, our communities, and the planet. It involves making choices that support long-term well-being rather than short-term gains at the expense of the environment and future generations.
  2. I also learned that sustainability is very feasible from every scale. When we did our first group project, my group focused on mill kitchen bin, a decomposing trash can that people can use in their homes. But then, our group worked for weeks trying to make a brand like Ford, who is totally unsustainable due to its products at nature, more sustainable than it has ever been. With our idea of Ford Forward, we made a brand like Ford a lot more sustainable.
  3. Working in groups has prepared me for the future and also for the MBA program/ I think that I really learned a lot by working with others and how your role changes depending on who you are working with.
  4. Another thing that I have learned is that everyone brings something different to the table. The best part about working In groups is that it brings together different ideas from people with completely different backgrounds in order to accomplish one goal.
  5. I have also learned that time management is a very important skill to have, especially in group work. Working in groups, you have to be very organized, allowing yourself time to complete deadlines. Sometimes it becomes hard because of your schedule, especially being an athlete, but you have to find time or else you will hurt your group, which is the last thing you want to do.

Posted

in

by

Tags: