Evaluate Blog

I really appreciated the Evaluate step of our project. In my opinion, this was the best step of the process so far. I felt very prepared because our group has been working very hard on our project. I think we learned a lot from our first project that in order to be successful, we all have to buy into the work and being a part of the process. Since then, we implemented weekly meetings in order to make sure everyone has a clear understanding on our project and where we should be. I think that the decision to meet weekly and spend time outside of class really made the difference in the outcome of our project, and it really showed during the evaluate portion through the feedback.

I really enjoyed the pitching class. We set up our board clearly and distinctly in steps so that people coming to our board could understand our exact process. We also had all of our information printed like our customer receipts, and a sample of what a break down of car parts would look like in monetary value. I feel that this was what made us partly successful because the visuals allowed people to clearly follow along while we spoke to present the idea. The in-class pitch went smoothly as each of my group members were able to answer questions and communicate effectively. I feel that the preparation that we put in honestly made the difference in the great feedback that we got. There were a few questions in terms of liability and what parts would we not use, but other than that, all of the other questions were abled to be answered confidently. There were not a lot of holes within our project, leaving little room for major changes on our behalf. I think that we really put a lot of thought and effort into what we were doing and it made the process that much easier. We also received a lot of positive feedback saying that we were passionate about our project, that it was very realistic, and how prepared we were.

I also really enjoyed the process of meeting with another group one on one. I think we got the same results with another group as we got pitching. Going back to the preparation, I feel as if that really made all of the difference. It was easy for the other group to understand, and I think that having a copy of the receipts and evaluation of a real car on paper allowed them to really understand our concept.

I honestly also really liked giving feedback. I gave feedback the same way I wanted to receive it. I tried to find as many holes in the idea as possible while offering solutions to how the idea could be better. I think sometimes when looking at your own project for so long, you can run out of improvements or things to change. Going both ways, I think that a fresh set of eyes really opened up the perspective for a lot of groups, including mine.

Posted

in

by

Tags: